The Nektar Project  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2004 Onwards > New Releases & Re-Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

Journey to the Center of the Re- release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starship Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Journey to the Center of the Re- release
    Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 18:16
I picked up copy of this 2 cd set last night at the Minneapolis gig.  Because I only have the old vinyl, it gets listened to rarely, so it became a logical purchase and a decent way to support the band as well
This is a 2013 Purple Pyramid release, not the Bellaphon import from 1993. 

The first cd is the original Album.  I am note sure that any remastering has been done here.  It sounded clear and clean (and no doubt a slight up-grade from the clicks and pops of my 40 year old vinyl.  The treat, however, just has to be the 1971 bootleg of the entire album from Darmstadt Germany.  I have a copy of the a bootleg from the night (which also has the 1974 Dream Nebula)  I need to drag mine out now and do a compare.  The official bootleg in the commercial release is certainly superb and as I say is worth the price of the cd alone.  If you don't have the Journey on CD or digital, you must pick up a copy. I guess we better count Darmstadt as officially not available ofo trading.

I also want to say that the commentary booklet and the pirtures insider are great. 
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic