The Nektar Project  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted > Wanted Nektar Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

Live in NY 9-28-74 40th Anniversary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live in NY 9-28-74 40th Anniversary
    Posted: Sep/27/2014 at 09:07
Hard to believe but it's been 40 years since the Academy of Music show, 9-28-74!!! I was there with a good friend of mine Lou B., what a great night. I had just bought RTF a few weeks before. The first time you see a band is always the best, every thing is fresh and new. Many thanks to Mick and Mo for keeping the flame alive with this web site all these years. I will spin Live in NY tomorrow, with my own special tribute to THE LIGHTSHOW  in The Galactic Theatre!!!  Thanks Guys......Rich Clap

MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2014 at 15:32
No, thank YOU Rich.. and Lou ...plus "Snake" who also reminded me of the NYC anniversary earlier this week. It seems that the Academy and all which surrounded that night... the W-NEW live broadcast and the resulting live album.. have had lasting memories for all of us who were there.
IMO, we were almost at our peak with nowhere to go but up... 
I celebrated by doing two three hour lightshows on Friday and Saturday (four bands @ 90 mins each) plus an all nite live rave in another building at the "Meeting of the Minds" in Schuylkill PA.
It's amazing that it took 40 years for the technology of "instant graphics" to get from the finger to the screen as it has with both i-pads and PCs... so since 2011 I'm using BOTH... AND superimposing them on backdrops... so my synchronized visual legacy lives on.... and getting serious praise.
Oh, and before someone asks.... NO.... I did NOT record it. Like the Academy, yaz just had t' BE there!
Lance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2014 at 23:34
Reading  this thread prompted me to listen to "Sunday Night at London Roundhouse" which was recorded about a year earlier than "Live in New York" and what a great album it is reminding me of what a great night that was, nearly 41 years ago, in a very special venue.

If you haven't listened to this one for a while give it a try.

Regards

Lance 
Lance
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2014 at 14:22
Yeah, the Chalk Farm Roundhouse recording was more than special for me...  because, as there are absolutely no overdubs, it's a rare opportunity to relive it exactly as it was at any time on a CD, which is why that would have been the best soundtrack to a Nektar light show video.. which we would have been able to do, had we done it 12 years ago. Now it's  too late, as the momentum of Nektar, the liquid equipment and MY desire to try to recreate it AGAIN are now long gone.
   I might do an e-likwid to it down the road and use the two-hour nearfest backdrop video as the backdrop for certain songs like Desolation Valley, RTF and that "longest" Preacher ever recorded.
I could put it on You-tube, then see WHO contests me for any of my copyright infringements...lol.
We'll see what the future brings... and meanwhile be grateful for what we DO have... the memories!
Lance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 00:16
Hi Mick,

You are of course right we do have the memories and what good ones they are from the Tricorn in Portsmouthl back in the 70's to Chalk Farm and onto the Borderline a few years back.

Listened to 'Live in New York' over the weekend but have to say I marginally prefer the Roundhouse show but perhaps that's because I was there.

Like your idea of an e-likwid and hope to see and hear that one day.

Regards

Lance
Lance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic