The Nektar Project  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

Glad to see your back up and running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntotravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glad to see your back up and running
    Posted: Aug/14/2016 at 19:53
Hello Mick,
I am glad to see things are back up and running.
Even though we still have sad hearts from our most recent loss, it's good to see this here.

Dave
Lance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2016 at 07:33

Likewise good to see the site back up and running but very sad to hear the news of Roye's passing such a talent he will be very much missed.

Regards

Lance
Lance
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2016 at 19:18
Yes, 
Amen everybody, the site is back up and running, tho' it is now with great sadness all round.
It is now a little late to report  Roystons' passing, however I'm sure everyone here was stunned.
Not sure quite how to memorialize the man who played and sang so much of the music that carried the Nektar name, as well as the amount he contributed to our classic compositions, then his solo recordings and his later efforts with all the various renditions of Nektar which followed our 2002/03 reunion shows.
R.I.P. Roye Albrighton. You will be missed.
richiet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 14:14
Great to see the site back up again. A great shock it was in a very tough year for the passing of friends and loved ones. Thanks Mick for the updates, keep us informed of any tribute concerts that might be planned for Roye in the Tri-state area. I would love to see a Nektar tribute band pop up one day, it would be nice tribute to a very unique Band!!!  Something along the lines of a TSO show. The World needs to hear "the softest of melodies to the Hardest of rock' that was The Nektar Sound and Light Theatre!           Rich
Starship Trooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starship Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 18:11
I hardly know what to say.  Yes glad the site and the forum is back.  It was kind of hard to digest the news.  Earlier this year I lost close friend Paul Kantner (Jan 29th) and before that so many others.  This blow is too hard to digest.  RIP Roye....... I will never forget your music and the kindness you showed me in our few encounters at shows.  You were/are a gentleman, an innovator, a great guitarist and for a few bright moments a friend as well.

sh*t!!!!!
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic