The Nektar Project  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nektar 1969 to 2003 > The Visual Shows and Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

The NEW visual experiments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srtd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2014 at 12:26
Originally posted by MickBee MickBee wrote:

The Ozrics headline on Saturday night the 28th of June, around 10pm on the main stage.

Unfortunately plans did not work out for me to attend  :(
Was really hoping I'd get a chance to meet up with you Mick. maybe some other time in
the future.
One good thing is the Ozric's are playing Live here in Buffalo on June 21st, I'll be seeing them
then.
Hope you're recovery is still moving along well. Positive vibes being sent your way daily.

All the best !
Scott
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2014 at 12:38
Thanks Scott, recovery WAS getting boring... but thanks for the vibes (everyone) 'cos I'm 95% there, as long as I do everything in moderation.... lol.  
The "Some Kinda Jam" festival was great (despite the Friday rain which actually allowed us to go inside for an even more dynamic light show with ALL the gear on ONE stage instead of being split between two stages). All the bands were great, some better than others, but the bands who performed between 8pm and 5am the next morning really gave us a good workout... some GREAT new stuff, both musically and visually (because the one usually inspires the other in an upward spiral when everything is going smoothly on stage and with all of us at front of house).
Enjoy the Ozrics Scott... Say Hi to Ed, Brandy & Silas from me, as I'm looking forward to them too...
especially if I can "do my thing" on them again, now that I know their music a lot better. 
The "E-Likwids" have come a long way in the two years since I saw the Ozrics last...  now it's video projections in real time and I can follow rhythm and lead again, just like my old liquid daze!
    These weekend festivals are good therapy for an aging light guy... just the right pace....
I only go "on the road" for two nights every few months... in April, June & September.
Lance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 09:12
Hey Mick,

Glad to hear that you are well on the way to a full recovery, great news.

All the best

Lance 
Lance
srtd4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srtd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2014 at 10:50
Originally posted by MickBee MickBee wrote:

I go "on the road" for two nights every two months... in April, June & August.

Hi Mick, hope all is well.
So where will you be in August ?

I know it's a bit far from where you are, but really wish you were doing the visuals for the Ozrics performance in Buffalo on June 21st. Maybe some day we will get a chance to have a drink together.

Scott
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2014 at 21:35
Scott,
As the "band" isn't presently active, I've posted my 3 dates on the "Nektar Calendar" (Tour dates 2013-14).. but for the record, that festival gig is the last weekend in SEPTEMBER (sorry), again at the Schuylkill Fairgrounds in PA (between Pottstown & Reading). That will be our seventh annual "Meeting of the Minds" festival. I've corrected that last line of my post regarding August.
One of these days, I'll have a drink with all of you.... somewhere, somehow.
srtd4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srtd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2014 at 14:25
Hi Mick,
The Ozrics performance in Buffalo on 06-21 was amazing. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves, and played such an amazing set. Hope the performance yesterday went well? How
did you make out with the visuals/Lights ? How was the Ozrics performance?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Scott
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2014 at 21:16
Scott,
The Schuylkill show was amazing too... two hours of segued music tapestries, which was enhanced with our light show in collaboration with Ozric accent lighting which lit up the night sky.
No restrictions this time out, I had a free hand in the projections with blessings from Brandi & Ed.
The festival crowd wrapped around us on the grass, lots of skin and herb filled the arena to the bleachers, with everyone thoroughly absorbed in the show which ended five minutes after curfew at midnight.
Every band I heard this weekend was good, but the Ozrics were head and shoulders above by far. It was nice to touch bases with them since our first meeting two years ago.. the night they lost the ranch... and to see that there was a silver lining. They now have a newer, better studio and ranch house along with a brighter future. The Wynne family is a happy family... which can be heard in their live performances. Their "abstract" yet structured themes are the perfect medium for abstract structured visuals... so naturally I was quite happy to oblige them with suitable optical synchronicity.
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2017 at 18:54
Happy Easter everyone (is there anybody out there?). 
2017... and three more festival weekends this year, see Jibberjazz.com for details, but
the last weekend of April "Some Kinda Jam #12" gets under way at the Schuylkill Fairground complex on Friday28th.  Hoping it's a warm dry weekend for us all up here in Pennsylvania.
MickBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 10:55
...and on this Friday.... it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic